Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Kade's Room Renovation

Alright so today I decided I would post about another room we did a little while back.  Before our son was going to be born, I wanted his room done... However that did not happen.  Instead as I was finishing our daughter Haylee's room... I mean I literally finished the night before going into labor at like 11 at night.  I had just finished her room... then decided to move her queen size mattress in by myself.  Good move on my part as I went into labor the next morning.  However this meant that Kade would be sleeping in his pack n play in our room for a while.  This is the room when we first bought the house...

Not too bad except for the paint chipping on the wall above the built in... Oh and the fact there is just an arch and no doors.
Oh and the huge spot of missing paint on the wall where his crib now sits.
Oh and the water damage in the right hand upper corner.
So first things first we put on some doors to turn it into a room.

Then one day when I was beyond bored at home and my hubby was at work I decided to texture the room and get going on it.  I textured it using the bag and joint compound method.  Then I picked a color.  I wanted it to be somewhat neutral so that if the next baby was a girl I could use the same color scheme but make it more girly.  I painted the room...with guacamole green.  

I liked the color but the room needed some decor.  I bought some canvas's from Walmart.  I bought 2 packs of three for around 5 bucks.  I used two for Kades room and 2 for Haylee's.  I cut out circles with my handy dandy circle cutter out of a green textured card stock that matched the walls.  Then I cut out his name.  I painted the canvas's dark brown and mod podged everything on.  This is how my canvas's turned out to hang above his crib.


I then sewed a crib bumper to match the colors and this was the final product....



Well there you have it.  A bit better then when we bought it and everything came together just how I wanted it to. Stay tuned for more updates.








No comments:

Post a Comment