Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall turkey

Well Fall is coming which means fall decor... my fav.  My sister in Law was over about a week ago and we were feeling crafty.  She had wanted to make a turkey that she saw on pinterest a while back but just didn't have the supplies.  She showed it to me and I had everything so we started making our turkey.    This is how it turned out.

Sorry my camera date is way off...

To make it you will need

a 5" tall piece of 2x4 or however tall you want the body
5 popcicle sticks
some fall colors of scrapbook paper
brown paint
a paint stirring stick
a paint brush
maybe sand paper if you want to rough it up a bit.

First paint the 2x4 and paint stick brown so it can dry while you do all the other parts.  Trace your popcicle sticks on the back of your scrapbook paper of choice and cut them out.  You will need to trace only 5 sticks.  Use some mod podge and attach the paper to the sticks.  Attach your turkey head (paint stick) to the body (2x4).  Attach the feathers (popcicle sticks) behind the body with some hot glue.  I just cut out a beak and gobbler with some scrapbook paper and scissors and mod podged them on.  I used some sand paper to rough up the body, neck, and head to make them stand out a little. And that is it you are done.  I might add a ribbon around the neck or a little pilgrim hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment